Thursday, July 10, 2008

BLASPHEME WITH ME! MYSTIFIER!

So I finally found this Mystifier album I've been looking to get my ears on for ages. The album is called "The World is So Good That Who Made it Doesn't Live Here". I first heard Mystifier on the Gummo soundtrack and I was in love. As a side note, Gummo is a great movie, and the soundtrack is swell. It was my first taste of true Black Metal, Dark Metal, and Power Violence. I suggest anyone into comps find that soundtrack, you won't be disappointed. Lots of great bands on it like Niphelhelm, Sleep, Spazz, Absu, Brujeria, and of course Mystifier; along with the random diddy's that could only come from such a mindfuck as Gummo.



Any ways... Mystifier was formed in 1989 in Brazil. Here's some info on them from their myspace:

For many christians that already heard part of the legacy of MYSTIFIER, the mention of that name makes to come to the mind: "Devil-Worshipping, Satanism, profanation, gibe, anger, noise, hate, radicalism, Black Metal, and so on". Things that His founder Beelzeebubth doesn't deny them: "Yes, 100%!! I Formed the Group to intone the most violent Musick style never created by man and to violate the whole ethical code and biblical western capitalists' principals!".

I would call this album Dark Metal, although they used to play straight up Black Metal. (With a definite South American vibe.) This album is great because unlike most black metal of today it isn't all Kvlter than th0ugh. They sparingly use awesome keyboard interludes, along with heavy dissonant guitar, on top of the vocalists great yelp screams and random Operatic chants. Very good stuff. The best tracks in my opinion are, "Give the Human Devil His Due" and "Idolatry". This version of the album also has a bonus track (which I didn't think kept up with the original six) and it also has all the tracks from their earlier Aleister Crowley demo put out in 1991. The Demo material, is well demo material, a lot more straight black metal and pretty horrible production. I didn't spend too much time on it.

Mystifier - The World is So Good That Who Made it Doesn't Live Here (1996)


1.Give the Human Devil His Due
2.A Chant to the Goddess of Love - Venus
3.The Death of an Immortal (According to Astral Light)
4.Idolatry
5.The Barbarian Dueling With the Wise
6.Moonick (Why Does it Never Rain on the Moon?)
7.Demolish the Towers of Heaven (bonus)
8.My Gloat (Intro)-Osculum Obscenum
9.Defloration (The Antichrist Lives)
10.An Elizabethan Devil-Worshipper's Prayer Book
11.Hyoscyamus Niger
12.Tormentum Aeternu
13.The Dark Kingdom (T.E.A.R.)
14.Mystifier (Satan's Messengers)

DOWNLOAD

(I think the last track is the first track for some reason in the .rar file, other than that it's all straight, they're all numbered.)

You can get the lyrics for the first half of the album here. I thought they were pretty well written lyrics, lots of strange ideas are touched on.

Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you got me sold on your review. after all, they're BLACK black metal to begin with! d/ling nao.